Historic Flight Foundation Expands to Spokane
The Spokane Airports Board decided to replace an existing hangar at historic Felts Field. A nationally recognized airport architecture firm, JRMA, designed a new 20,644 SF pre-engineered hangar with an art deco look reminiscent of the era when airline travel began in the Pacific Northwest. Historic Flight Foundation agreed to display some of its collection of historic aircraft at the facility beginning in 2019. The design includes meeting rooms, shops, restrooms, offices and a 2,900 SF observation mezzanine overlooking the hangar floor.
- General contractor: Graham Construction.
- Estimated construction: August, 2018 to June, 2019.
- Building area: 20,644 SF.
- Building height: 32′, 6″.
- Exterior cladding: pre-cast concrete and decorative metal panels.
- Hangar airside access: 165′ X 22′ “full floating” doors.
- Environment: windows that open, natural gas heat and two high volume, low-speed fans.